Cement Manufacturing for Process Engineers
A computationally intensive 4-day workshop highlighting heat and mass balances. Perfect for process engineers and production supervisors at the plant level.
This is a 4-day computationally intensive course that focuses on the use of mass and energy calculations to optimize the cement manufacturing process. Participants will also learn how to pinpoint excessive energy wastes.
How You Will Benefit
• Learn the fundamentals of process calculations
• Learn to use mass and energy calculations to pinpoint problem areas within the plant
• Learn to use theoretical and practical methods to design new cement manufacturing systems
• Participate in interactive workshops to solve process calculation problems
• Provide your company with audit information to reduce consulting costs
• Be able to provide your company with estimated equipment sizes for budget purposes
What You Will Cover
• The nature of cement
• The cement industry
• Relationships between cement and concrete properties
• Fundamentals of process calculations
• Energy balance in raw mills
• Energy balance in kiln and cooler
• Heat, mass, and energy balance in finish mills
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for cement plant personnel who deal with the technical aspects of cement manufacturing: process engineers, technical plant personnel, and supervisors.
There are no classes currently scheduled for this course.