This course covers both static and dynamic geophysical method commonly applied for geothermal exploration in order to reveal the subsurface condition. The method includes gravity and magnetic, geo-electrical, magnetotelluric (MT), transient electromagnetic (TEM) and micro-earthquake (MEQ) methods. Some applications are given for discussion.
- Overview of geophysics for geothermal exploration
- Gravity method (theory)
- Processing of gravity data: Application / discussion
- Magnetic method (theory)
- Advanced data processing of gravity and magnetic data
- Exercice of gravity and magnetic method.
- Geo-electrical method I (VES, mapping/imaging)
- Geo-electrical method II (SP, MAM)
- Exercice of geo-electrical methods: Application / discussion
- Data acquisition and processing of magnetotelluric (MT) data
- Modeling of MT data
- Exercice of MT method: Application / discussion
- Transient Electromagnetic (TEM) method
- Micro-earthquake (MEQ) method