Career Development and Career Orientation
In today’s uncertain condition, a number of changes within our industry have had far-reaching impact on individuals’ and organization’s ideas about career development. These changes include: the reduction of the work force, increased competition, shifting organizational structure, fast growing technology result in new jobs as well as deleting some of them, delegation of more responsibility and authority to employees at all levels of the organization.
This 3-day training provides a career development system that enable individuals to use their talents and skills in ways that are both personally satisfying and of maximum value to the company. It also discuss the career orientation which focus on what people personally value and want to get out of work.
Course Outline :
1. Career Development
· What is career?, career vs. job
· Career in oil industry
2. Career Stages - What differentiates those who become more valued over time from those who get stuck or blocked?
3. Career Stages Self - Assessment
4. Implications of Current Stage
5. Career Orientations:
· Understanding Career Orientations
· Career Orientations Model
6. Identifying your Career Orientations
7. Role Assessment & Career Analysis
8. Career Change – Do we need it?
9. Opening Career potential
Supervisors, office managers and others who need to upgrade their understanding on career development.