MARINE CORROSION AND PREVENTION FOR OFFSHORE STRUCTURE
This training aims to provide the participants with a systematic understanding of the main causes of corrosion in the marine environments and the method for corrosion prevention. Upon completion of the course the participants will be able to identify different forms of corrosion, analyze the root causes of common corrosion failures, select appropriate materials for applications in the marine environments, specify and apply proper protection methods against marine corrosion.
- Corrosion and the Marine Environment
- Marine Corrosion: Terminology & Convention
- Why Do Metals Corrode
- How corrosion occurs in the marine environments
- Common forms of marine corrosion
- stray current corrosion
- How to control and prevent corrosion
- Materials selection for corrosion prevention
- Theory and practice of cathodic protection
- Theory and practice of corrosion inhibitors
- Theory and practice of metallic coatings
- Theory and practice of organic coatings
- Corrosion Testing and Monitoring
This course has been structured in such a way that it is particularly suited for Technician from : maintenance, engineering, inspection with corrosion in the marine environments seawater, marine atmospheres, and marine soil, and everyone who want to know about this topic.